Libido-Boosting Foods that Improve your Sexual Drive
Do you need fuel for your bedroom fire? Every one of us experiences phases of low libido, and sometimes our need for sex does not match our partners.
However, if your lack of interest in sex lasts for long periods, even though you still desire your partner, it is possible that the cause lies in your health. There are natural ways to boost a low sex drive, and one way is to eat the right foods.
How can diet boost your sex drive
I have selected some sex drive foods that can help to light up your sexual fire.
- Oysters – Studies showed that a zinc deficiency can lead to lower testosterone levels and therefore influence the libido. Oysters are very rich in zinc, as well as other nutrients. Make sure to eat fresh ones of high quality!
- Black sesame seeds – These little treasures … contain a lot of zinc as well as other essential nutrients like magnesium, calcium and iron. Sesame seeds are therefore believed to prolong life in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. Roasted, toasted and in the form of a tahini paste, they can add flavour to foods like a porridge, soup, salad and other dishes. Yummy!
- Walnuts – Rich in the plant-based essential fatty acid omega 3 while containing high amounts of copper and vitamin E they benefit, among other things, a healthy cardiovascular system function. They are best eaten in a porridge, salad or with chicory baked in the oven.
- Royal Jelly – A pretty amazing secretion made by worker honeybees which contains plenty of minerals, vitamins like A, C, D, E, and is very rich in most B vitamins. Royal jelly also has small amount of testosterone, which may help explain its benefits for libido. It is therefore not only a real boost for the sex drive, but also for the immune system as it is said to also have antibacterial and wound-healing properties. A real sweet and sexy honey bee product!
- Watermelon – Often referred to as the natural viagra, watermelon is said to improve sexual desire due to its compound L-citrulline. L-citrulline helps boost the blood flow and decrease tiredness. It is also commonly used in the treatment of high blood pressure and erectile dysfunction. A stimulating starter for every romantic invitation!
Improve your diet = Improve your sex drive
Today’s diet rich in sugar, fatty foods, red meat and processed products has a huge impact on the health. An unhealthy diet can lead to inflammation in the body, low energy levels and reduced blood flow in the genital area and therefore a decreased libido function.
Simply eating the above listed foods, while continuing with a generally bad diet, will not produce the desired results. If you want to feel healthy and balanced, one of the first steps is to have a proper, satisfying and complete nutrition. Following the right diet will not just help achieve your dream weight and overall health, but it will also increase your libido.
Why not boost your sex drive right away by cooking something delicious and healthy?
About the author Carina Greweling
She is a state-approved naturopath from Germany who studied after her exam Chinese medicine, craniosacral therapy and Bach flowers and deepened her knowledge of meditation and yoga while she was living in India. She offers in her practice in Paris tailor-made treatments and is specialised in women’s health. In regular workshops and yoga retreats she proposes to gain deeper knowledge and inspiration about a healthy body and mind. She also gives online consultations. Contact her if you have any questions.