What is Craniosacral Therapy (CST)?
In certain regions of the skull (cranium) a fluid, the cerebrospinal fluid, is formed. The brain and the spinal cord are embedded in this fluid. Through the shells of the brain and spinal cord, the skull and the sacrum are interconnected. This system has its own subtle movement, the craniosacral rhythm. Therefore, it nourishes through the connective tissues deep layers of the nervous system and has an influence on every single cell of the body. Ideally, it can be felt throughout the body and thus be used for craniosacral therapy.
After accidents (such as whiplash, concussion), stressful periods, emotional traumas, surgery or in infants after labor, the craniosacral rhythm is often disturbed. Consequently, this can manifest itself as a vegetative disorder, for example as chronic headache, trouble concentrating and sleeping or upset stomach.
Support the proper movements
During treatments, the skull and sacrum bones are examined for their typical movement pattern. In other words, I feel your craniosacral rhythm with my hands and by minimal movement or holding the skull and sacral bones I support this rhythm.
Dissolve blockages and gain freedom
Through the craniosacral rhythm, I am able to detect disturbances and to identify areas of dysfunction. This can be cranial, sutural, membrane and other soft tissue restrictions. As a result, shock experiences stored in the body such as e.g. from an accident or emotional traumas can be freed in this way. Muscular tensions and blockages dissolve and your body finds its own way back to the harmony and freedom of movement.
During a Craniosacral Therapy treatment
In a Craniosacral therapy session I work with the whole person. During and after the treatment, you may notice changes in your body and mind. When I place my hands lightly on you, I am using them as well to listen to you in much the same way that a counsellor might listen to your words. Your body responds to this sensitive touch by beginning to listen to itself. As a result, Craniosacral therapy is a wonderful way to create more self-perception and to feel more grounded and connected with ourselves and others.
More information and frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Craniosacral Therapy under: Upledger Institute International
Craniosacral Therapy is commonly used to treat
- Headaches, migraines
- Concussion, post concussion symptoms
- Tinnitus, hearing loss, vertigo
- Teeth grinding
- Stress disorder
- Sleeping problems, insomnia
- Birth traumas and other perinatal challenges
- Recurrent ear infections
- Facial asymmetries and eye motor problems
- Learning disabilities, concentration problems, A.D.H.D
- Gross and fine motor problems
- Muscle and joint pain or injury
- Neurological conditions and pain syndromes
- Hormonal imbalances
- Autoimmune diseases like Hashimoto, Graves’ disease
- Chronic fatigue, Burn-out
- Neck, back and shoulder pain
- Heart palpitations
A Cranio Sacral Therapy treatment works in the following ways
- Helps restore normal cranial mobility
- Releases abnormal myofascial restrictions and tensions in the body
- Releases abnormal restrictions in the head
- Eases restrictions of nerves
- Optimises cerebrospinal fluid movement through the central nervous system
- Helps restore misaligned bones to their proper positions (assisting troubles associated with the head, back, neck, hips, shoulders, arms, hands, knees and feet)
Initial consultation – Your first visit
The first appointment lasts about 60 minutes – it includes a conversation, an exam and a treatment – and allows me to meet each of your needs.
Please allow for approximately 55 minutes.
The session costs 80€.
Consultations are held in Paris, Barcelona and online.