Ancient menstrual wisdom from Ayurveda and Yoga
Ayurveda and yoga are sister sciences and provide us with tools that can help build resilience to the hormonal imbalances we are so prone to.
The woman’s menstrual cycle plays a major role in Ayurveda. If you go to an Ayurveda doctor or consultant, you will be asked questions about digestion and as a woman as well some questions about your menstruation cycle: Is the cycle regular? What colour is the blood? Are there any complaints before, after or during the menstruation? A woman’s cycle has a huge impact on life and wellbeing. The monthly bleeding is a cleansing phase for the body.
A lot of functions in our body are controlled by hormones, which is why it makes sense, as a woman, to be more concerned with our own cycle. In Ayurveda, the different phases of the cycle are determined by different doshas. As a result, they have an effect on the physical and emotional level. Hormonal balance is crucial for being fertile and having a good pregnancy.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Understand your Ayurvedic menstrual cycle (three phases of Vata, Kapha & Pitta)
- One tip for each phase of your cycle
- How can we connect to our womb energetically, mentally or physically
- Sound to activate second chakra and why the second chakra is related to fertility & hormones
- Tips for better digestion & sleep
- How can Embody to Thrive help a woman become more fertile?
- One book recommendation that helps understand our female bodies better
“Vata is the force that regulates all downward movements in the body, pushing the menstrual blood down and out of the body.”
“The womb is a sacred space where sensuality, intuition and creativity of the universe originate.”
“By learning how to direct energy to our womb and fertility centres, we can restore the juiciness and vitality that was otherwise lost.”