Ancient menstrual wisdom from Chinese medicine
What you will get out of tuning in:
- The different phases of a menstrual cycle seen from a Traditional Chinese medicine perspective.
- What’s a normal healthy cycle like?
- How do you diagnose infertility with Chinese medicine?
- What are the most common Chinese medicine patterns / imbalances for infertility?
- How is the spleen energy related to fertility?
- What role does the liver play in fertility?
- How is the heart connected to the uterus and what does this mean for fertility?
- Why are the kidneys so important for fertility?
- What are a kidney yang and a kidney yin deficiency?
- How do I treat an imbalance in my practice? What are the different steps?
- How can a couple/woman/man support this process to increase the chances to conceive?
- How can the Embody to Thrive program help to balance hormones and to boost fertility?
“According to Chinese medicine, the menstrual cycle is determined by the ebb and flow of Kidney-Yin and of Kidney-Yang. The amount of Yin oestrogen and Yang progesterone (and specifically Kidney-Yin and Kidney-Yang) fluctuates like a tide during the month in a defined pattern.”
“Very important to mention is that uncomfortable symptoms around ovulation, before, during and after the period are NOT normal. They indicate an imbalance.”
“In terms of fertility there are four organ systems – Kidney, Spleen, Heart and Liver that, when unbalanced, can lead to infertility.”
“Women with Spleen Qi deficiency typically have low energy, cravings for sugar, breads and other carbs, poor circulation and may experience spotting before their periods, menstrual cramps and fatigue during their periods. A Spleen Qi deficiency pattern is common in women with luteal phase defect.”
“The uterus (bao gong) is not seen in TCM as an isolated organ, but includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes and the cervix.”
Are you interested what Ayurveda and Yoga have to offer for a healthy menstrual cycle and to enhance fertility? Then tune into the other podcast episode here.
Are you looking for natural ways to have a healthy menstrual cycle?
Do you want to boost your fertility naturally?
I offer in my practice in Barcelona tailor-made treatments for women with acupuncture, Chinese herbals, Hormone Yoga Therapy and food recommendations. This natural therapy approach can help to ease menstrual discomforts, to enhance your fertility and support IVF treatments.